Friday, 31 July 2026

In the memory of dad

 


Dad left us exactly a year ago. Today, last year, I put him to the final resting place in a graveyard not far from my house with a heavy heart and some sense of relief too, relief as in he didn’t have to suffer from the agonising pain in the ICU for a month. I will cherish his life and celebrate his memory. After all, we’ll all give place to others, as others have given place to us in this earth. 

I think death is easiest for those who during their lives have given it most thought, as though always to be prepared for its imminence. Dad was one of them. He used to say that we all are for short journeys, yet we take us too seriously, and he would smile. 

I am indebted to those who helped me through my toughest times last year and stood beside me.

A special thanks to Indy Banerjee and Anand Ganapathy for standing beside me at my dad’s grave until the very last minute. I don't have an elder brother, but having you guys' unwavering support that day finally showed me exactly what it feels like to have one.

I dedicate today’s run to my dad, who was the biggest fan of my runs and would follow up all my races closely and listen to me with full intent.

Here are a few photos with my dad, who waited for me at the finish line of Ooty Ultra 2023 and handed me the medal after I crossed the finish line. The photos I will always cherish.





No comments:

Post a Comment

In the memory of dad

  Dad left us exactly a year ago. Today, last year, I put him to the final resting place in a graveyard not far from my house with a heavy h...